This our checklist we use when flying with a bike for a riding trip.
Some items can be shared by a group traveling together to save weight (e.g. you will only one 8mm allen key between you for pedals, not one each), others need to be bike specific.
This list is additional to the tools and kit we carry in a trail pack. If you are going to use your trail tools make sure they are up to the job for building your bike on arrival and repacking it to head back home.
- Dangerous Goods Operator (Airline) Approval for CO2 canisters (see HERE for details)
- List of all suspension settings and tyre pressures.
Building/Packing Tools (Shared)
- 8mm allen key and/or 15mm spanner for pedals
- 6mm/5mm/4mm allen keys (note when packing bike if any other sizes or torx keys required)
- T25 brake bolt tool and/or centrelock tool
- Quick link pliers
- Cable cutters
- CO2 Canisters (max 4 per person allowed with airline approval)
- Tyre Pressure Gauge
- Shock Pump
Packing/Building Spares (Shared)
- Sandwich bags
- Bubble wrap
- Masking tape
- Tyre sealant (100ml bottle)
- Rotor bolts (3 per bike, 6 minimum)
- Chain lube
- Bike cleaning fluid (100ml)
Bike Specific Spares
- Zipties for crud guard and gps mounts
- Disc brake pads
- Rear mech hanger
- Chainring bolts
Other posts you may find interesting: